Saturday, March 7, 2009

Inch by Inch


Inch by Inch is a book about a clever inch worm who uses his brains to sneak away from a robin who had captured him. “Don’t eat me. I am an inch worm. I am useful. I measure things." With this valuable skill, the inch worm measures different birds. He measures the beak of the toucan and the legs of a huron. The robin wants him to measure his song and threatens to eat him if he will not. The inch worm realizes it is a matter of time before his usefulness runs out and he slowly but surely inches away to the safety of the deep grass. This could be a great book to introduce a lesson to younger students about measurement.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know why but I feel like little kids LOVE books about animals... and finding a book like this that would be interesting to them with an educational purpose is great! I also found a series of books by Stuart J. Murphy that are great math educational books for young students... check them out.

    http://www.stuartjmurphy.com/

    ReplyDelete