Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So Far From the Bamboo Grove


Is this really controversial? The book to me seems not very controversial at all......then again I am an American who doesn't really know anything about the Korean war and to me it just sounds like it was really rough. I most definitely liked this book better then the other one we had to read. the reading was much smoother and the story had a continuous flow from page to page. The author does a really good job of setting up the environment in which the characters are participating in. the end just seemed a little to ho hum for me. I mean the Brother was searching for a long time for his sisters and then BAM.....found them. It makes for a semi-happy ending despite the fact that mother dies in her daughters arms. I guess I don't know why she really died anyway. Was it because she had just given up hope that her family and relatives were still alive? I think that might have been the case. This was a very fast read as the author did well to keep the action up and the pages turning. you found yourself connecting more and more as you read, well as much as i can connect to a teen Japanese girl running from her life from soldiers during one of the most brutal wars we have seen, all the while not knowing if her father and brother were still alive, but yeah I kinda connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment