Friday, May 15, 2009

Final Reflection


Well I have my tweed jacket on, drinking Starbucks and I made my way to an Internet Cafe to do my bloggi.......oh wait, blogging isn't just for the yuppie types. I do have to say that this class was a great eye opener as far as what I have learned about children's literature. the amount of information gained while discussing various texts really opened up my eyes to just how many different types of books there actually are. I now have the confidence to say that I do know Children's Literature and I will not be the teacher who conforms with the norm. A great book is not just one on the top ten seller list or covered with awards, a great book is great if it is great to just one person. That's not to say that other will not like it, but why do we care what other's really think. As long as the reader enjoys, learns, talks about or is happy with a book then who am I to tell them if it is good or not. This idea even more so applies to children's books. There are so many different books out there that will match perfectly with the wantings of an elementary schooler, and that's what makes books great. It's not like kids have to make a tough decision when it comes to books because there are soooo many different genres and stories out there that they are bound to find one they can relate to.

Something else I learned from this class is the power blogging has. Not so much for me with the power of getting my voice heard, just the idea that i could easily set up one of these for my class and allow parents the opportunity to look into the classroom whenever they want.

So here's to Children's Lit and here's to Blogging !!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment