Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ghost Town at Sundown


This story is part of a great series where Jack and Annie are sent on crazy adventures to help free their friend Morgan from a spell. This adventure caught my eye because i am a huge fan of spaghetti westerns. this children's tale isn't right on with that type of western theme, but the wild west definitely makes it's appearance. With names like rattlesnake Flats, Dusty, Slim and Shorty this adventure takes Annie and Jack through a ghost town in search of the answer to Morgans riddle. This series of books is great for an adventurous reader!! I remember playing cowboys and indians with my friends on the playground with fake guns and lassos. I had always thought it would have been so cool to carry around a gun and ride a horse. nowadays I am glad I have a clean bed and toothpaste, oh the children's imagination!!

1 comment:

  1. So many of your posts relate back to your own childhood--this is a blog full of memories! I think that it gives you a good lens for thinking about what kids might like.

    ReplyDelete